REGISTRATION OF A LEGAL ENTITY AS A FEZ RESIDENTA legal entity of the Republic of Belarus or an individual entrepreneur of the Republic of Belarus located within the boundaries of FEZ Gomel-Raton is able to sign an agreement with the Administration and become a resident of Free Economic Zone Gomel-Raton.
The decision to register a company as a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident is made by the Administration of the Free Economic Zone.
DOCUMENTS FOR REGISTRATION AS A RESIDENT OF FEZ
To obtain a status of FEZ resident the following documents are to be submitted to FEZ Gomel-Raton Administration:
- application form (Download the form);
- copies of constituent documents certified in the prescribed manner with the presentation of the original document (for legal entities);
- a copy of the state registration certificate with the presentation of the original document;
- business plan of the investment project approved by FEZ Gomel-Raton Administration;
- if a legal entity is subordinate or its shares are transferred to the management of the republican state administration body, another state organization subordinated to the Government of the Republic of Belarus, Gomel Regional Executive Committee, then the business plan must be approved by such government authority or organization;
- payment document confirming payment of state duty for registration as a resident of a free economic zone in the prescribed amount.
There is a state fee in the amount of 50 basic values for FEZ resident registration (details for payment).
The investment project in accordance with its business plan must include:
- the volume of investments in the implementation of an investment project in an amount equivalent to at least 1 million euro (or if agreed to invest WITHIN THREE YEARS from the date of conclusion of the contract on the conditions of activity in the FEZ - at least 500 thousand euro);
- creation and (or) development of production for export and (or) import-substituting production.
Documents are submitted to FEZ Gomel-Raton Administration. The Administration examines the documents within a period not exceeding 14 working days from the date the applicant submits the documents.
Following the examination of the submitted documents, the applicant is sent a draft contract on the conditions of activity in FEZ Gomel-Raton. This contract is concluded for the duration of the investment project, described in the business plan.The applicant is registered as a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident on the day of the signing of the contract for the duration of this contract.
An approximate contract on activity conditions in FEZ Gomel-Raton (Download)
The contract on activity conditions in FEZ Gomel-Raton is concluded within five days from the date of its receipt by the applicant, but no later than one month from the date of the making of such a decision.
The applicant is registered as a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident on the day of the signing of the contract for the term of this contract. A certificate of registration as a a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident is sent (handed) to the resident within three days from the date of signing of such an agreement.
The grounds for the decision to refuse registration as a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident are:
- failure to submit the documents necessary for registration as a resident to a FEZ Gomel-Raton Administration;
- if the investment project stipulated in the business plan, does not meet the conditions: for the volume of investments, the creation (development) of export-oriented production and (or) import substitution and other legislative acts;
- location of the applicant outside of the boundaries of FEZ Gomel-Raton;
- failure to conclude on time an agreement on activity conditions in FEZ Gomel-Raton;
- absence of production premises and (or) land in the amount requested for the implementation of the investment project from the boundaries of the FEZ Gomel-Raton;
- recognition of the applicant as a loser during the competition in accordance with clause 11 of the Regulation on the Free Economic Zone Gomel-Raton, approved by Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 657 of May 21, 2009
In this case the contract on the conditions of activity in FEZ Gomel-Raton is not signed, the state fee paid for registration is to be returned in accordance with the procedure established by legislative acts of the Republic of Belarus.
In case of refusal to register as a FEZ Gomel-Raton resident, the administration is obliged to notify the applicant in writing with indication of the grounds for refusal within 3 working days.The decision of FEZ Gomel-Raton Administration to refuse registering as a resident may be appealed in court in the prescribed manner.